Many species are found in Sundarban
- Geoan (Excoecaria agallocha) : This plant found in low salinity water. This mangrove species belongs to the family Euphorbiacae. This is very common mangrove swamp. Commonly known for is poisonous nature, the latex is very poisonous, slight contact with the skin can cause irritation and blistering, can also cause temporary blindness. This plant is chemical protected with diterpenoids, triterpenoids and flavonoids. The dry fruit also can kills fish.
- Sundari (Heritiera forms): belongs to the family Malvaceae, locally or most commonly known as Sundari tree. It is an endangered species of mangrove. Presently found in some protected area of Sundarban in India & Bangladesh. Due to top dying disease this plants dying significantly. This plant is one of the major wood producing tree in the area.
- Matgaran (Ceriops tagal) or spurred mangrove belongs to the family Rhizophoraceae. It is long tree grows upto 80 ft in height. The Indian species found in Sundarban coastal area.
- Garjan (Rhizophora apiculata) is belongs to the family Rhizophoraceae. Commonly known as Garjan.
- Keora (Sonneratia apetala) is a mangrove tree, which is found in the Sundarban mangrove forest. It can live moderate to high saline water. The tree can grow upto 60 ft in height with a girth upto 7 ft. The flowers look like umbrella with 4 prominent sepals.
- Hetal (Phoenix paludosa) is a threatened species due to rapid loss of mangrove forest. It grows small cluster of slender trunk.